29/07/2020 by Bjorn Battaerd 817
Here are the final details for camp-
Parents, please be aware of the following changes!
- Saturday’s start time will now be 11:30am and we will start with a Meeting for everyone wanting to be involved in the senior club this year- (ie everyone)- I can’t stress the importance of the parents being there for this meeting to ensure that all of the information that we are passing out is making it home- This meeting will have a huge financial aspect to it and how your kids can help fund themselves through this sport with very little effort.
- All Open and U19 Athletes will need to bring air mattresses because we have such good numbers!!
- Please make sure you pay before camp so that we can get food organised- Part of the camp cost will go towards paying for a specialist Strength and Conditioning coach to come along this weekend and take a session.
- Please don’t forget anything on the list- Especially your High vis and A random object from home no bigger than a tennis ball. (Only you should know what this object is, don’t tell anyone what you have)- (hint if your item is useful then that is a plus)
- Please try and bring some home baking too.
The Program for camp will look something like this
11:30am Arrive/set up/ Get in teams for the weekend
11:40am- Team meeting with Parents and competitors- Discuss Senior surf Booklet, Adopt a Lifeguard, and Incentive scheme.
12:30- Board surf/swim/wave play
1:30pm- Snacks- dry off
2pm- Sit down with Murry- Piha History
3pm- Sports Sci talk + Strength and Conditioning + Body Movement Chat with Josh PT
4pm- Training session- Strenght and Conditioning work with Josh PT
5pm- Team game to wrap up session
6pm- Dinner Prep
6:30pm- Dinner – and AAL/Incentive scheme recap.
7:30pm- Piha Surf season Breakdown – Comp Calendar + Training Calendar
8:00pm- Team Games/Building- Mystery Item game.
9:00pm- Bed time
10:00pm- Lights out
7:00am- Wake up and quick breakfast
7:30am- 5km run TT
8:15am- Swim (quick dip) or Board/wave Play
9:30am- Hot breakfast
10:30am- Ski tech Workshop on Erg with Video session
11:30am- Clean up
The rest of the information is in the previous camp email but it is also all below to recap.
The camp will have the same structure as the last one:
- Camp will run from midday Saturday to midday Sunday.
- The cost will be $25.00 per person and must be paid by Thursday this week. You will need to pay no later than Thursday so that you get fed. Can you please reference “Aug Camp” and your name into the Comp Squad account.
- SENIOR SQUAD 12-3056-0662963-07
- Dinner and breakfast will be provided- Please email me with any food allergies or requirements that you (or your child) may have.
- Lunches will not be provided- so you will need to bring something to eat for the first lunch and/or eat before you arrive -There will be a late breakfast on Sunday so you should last on Sunday.
- Limited snacks will be provided but if you can bring some home baking for the team that would be awesome. Any extra food that you think you will want you will need to bring yourself.
- We will be taking the board trailer and crossing our fingers for some surf. There will be no ski session at Takapuna on the weekend. If your board is not in the trailer you will need to arrange to get it back in there or get it out to Piha yourself.
- We will be swimming in the sea, so bring a wetsuit and your surf fins.
Seeing as we didn’t get through any of the things we wanted to last time due to the power cut we will cover our calendar, our training program, what makes a good athlete and how to train like a good athlete, sport science, as well as some team stuff. – We will also be going through some strength and conditioning stuff with a guest PT as well as some Ski tech work- on our new club Erg ?
Ron and Nicky will be coming to talk about- Adopt a lifeguard and how you can get out there and raise some money for yourself!!
Things to Bring:
- Wetsuit gear and wetsuits- HIGH VIS VESTS
- Towels- at least 2
- Surf Fins and Goggles
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Notebook/Training diary and pens
- Warm clothes/ Rain jacket or a warm coat
- Running gear – Running shoes
- Leave laptops/tablets at home- there will be no time for this
- Snacks & home baking
- A random object from home no bigger than a tennis ball. (Only you should know what this object is, don’t tell anyone what you have)
- Rhys L
- Oscar D
- Grant C
- Reid C
- Caitlin S
- Deva B
- Charlotte R
- Emma W
- Lucy M
- Olivia T
- Brook M
- Keira C- Arrives later
- Laura C
- Emily C
- Charlie C
- Noah M
- Liana S
- Izzie F
- Hamish F -?
- Adam P
- Emily R
- Karmella C
- Koen D
- Nia L- Leave early Sunday
- Jade M
- Daniel L
- Blythe C
- Oscar W
- Jack D
- Harry D