Piha Day of the Giants 2022
Watch the Video
Date: Saturday 22 January 2022
GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION
- All competitors and attendees will require to check in to our QR code and show a vaccine pass
- Racing Start times: Ironman Invitational 10am // Surf Boats 1pm
- Clubhouse open from midday to the public – usual food service
- Parking at the Piha Domain
Thanks to event sponsors Barfoot and Thompson, BurgerFuel, Trillian Trust and Marin Construction
Racing Start times: Ironman Invitational 10am // Surf Boats 1pm
Race briefings: Ironman Competitor: 8.30am, Athletes Compound
Boats Competitor: 12.30, Boats arena
Entry Process: Ironman: Expressions of Interest to email@example.com
Surf Boats: Entries to Horse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Fees*: Ironman – Invitational n/a // Boats – $120 per crew
* includes the Saturday afternoon BBQ
Payment: Electronically to Piha Surf Boat Account: 12 3056 0662963 51, please use your club & crew name as reference
- Ironman info: Bjorn on email@example.com
- Surf Boat info: Horse on firstname.lastname@example.org
- General event queries – Katie on email@example.com
Each event will hold a separate prizegiving on the beach following the race.
Expected timings: Ironman at 12.30pm // Surf Boats at 4.30pm
All crews are expected to turn up to the prize giving following the conclusion of racing (announcements will be made on the PA).
Event Social Function
Piha SLSC will be providing food for competitors at Piha SLSC following the finish of racing on Saturday. Beverages will be available over the bar at normal club bar prices. You are all encouraged to stay on and enjoy the clubrooms, views and the company of other athletes from around NZ. At 9pm there is a Toga Party, tickets $15 on the door.
Special Thanks to
The Piha event organisers would like to thank primary sponsors: Barfoot and Thompson, BurgerFuel, Trillian Trust and Marin Construction for sponsoring the event.
Thanks also to Piha Beer, Waterman Store, and all companies providing their expertise in order to ensure this event is a success!